Prof. Yongge Ma is the director of the Center for Relativity and Gravitation. He acquired his PhD. from the Department of Physics at Beijing Normal University in 1999. He had taken a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Cordoba (Argentina) and the Penn State University (USA) from 1999 to 2001. He had also been a member of the Committee of the International Society for General Relativity and Gravitation from 2007 to 2013, Secretary General and Vice President of the Gravity and Relativistic Astrophysics Branch of the Chinese Physical Society from 2008 to 2021. He is currently a Professor at the Department of Physics of Beijing Normal University, a co-editor of EPL (Europhysics Letters). He won the Second Prize of Natural Science in Colleges and Universities by China Ministry of Education in 2016.
Areas of Research: quantum gravity, general relativity, gauge theories of gravity, higher-dimensional gravity, and cosmology.
“Symmetric models and non-perturbative quantum gravity”, China Education Ministry, 07/2002-06/2005.
“New variables and non-perturbative quantum gravity”, National Science Foundation of China, 01/2003-12/2005.
“Higher dimensional spacetime and non-perturbative quantum gravity”, National Science Foundation of China, 01/2007-12/2009.
“Non-perturbative quantum gravity”, National Science Foundation of China, 2009.
“Loop quantum gravity and its application in cosmology”, National Science Foundation of China, 01/2010-12/2012.
“The fundamental theoretical study of relativity, quantum gravity and cosmology”, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, BNU, 01/2010-12/2012.
“Quantum gravity and modified gravity and their cosmological application”, the Key Project of National Science Foundation of China, 01/2013-12/2017.
“The deparametrization and nonperturbative quantization of modified gravity theories”, the Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China, 01/2014-12/2016.
“Nonperturbative quantization of gauge theories of gravity”, National Science Foundation of China, 01/2015-12/2018.
“Loop quantum scalar-tensor gravity and its cosmology”, National Science Foundation of China, 01/2019-12/2022.
“The dynamics and extension of loop quantum gravity”, National Science Foundation of China (China-Poland joint project), 07/2019-06/2022.
1. Xiangdong Zhang, Gaoping Long, Yongge Ma, "Loop quantum gravity and cosmological constant", Phys. Lett. B 823 (2021), 136770.
2. Cong Zhang, Yongge Ma, Shupeng Song, Xiangdong Zhang, "Loop quantum Schwarzschild interior and black hole remnant", Phys. Rev. D102 (2020), 041502 (Rapid Communication).
3. Jinsong Yang and Yongge Ma, "New Hamiltonian constraint operator for loop quantum gravity", Phys. Lett. B 751 (2015), 343- 347.
4. Jingbo Wang, Yongge Ma and Xu-an Zhao, "BF theory explanation of the entropy for nonrotating isolated horizon", Phys. Rev. D 89 (2014), 084065.
5. Xiangdong Zhang and Yongge Ma, "Extension of loop quantum gravity to f(R) theories", Phys. Rev. Lett. 106 (2011), 171301.
6. Jinsong Yang, You Ding and Yongge Ma, "Alternative quantization of the Hamiltonian in loop quantum cosmology", Phys. Lett. B 682 (2009), 1.
7. You Ding, Yongge Ma, and Jinsong Yang, "Effective scenario of loop quantum cosmology", Phys. Rev. Lett. 102 (2009), 051301 .
8. Peng Xu and Yongge Ma, "Five-dimensional PPN formalism and experimental test of Kaluza-Klein theory", Phys. Lett. B656 ( B656 ( 2007), 165.
9. Muxin Han, Weiming Huang, and Yongge Ma, "Fundamental structure of loop quantum gravity", Int. J. Mod. Phys. D16 (2007).
10. Li-e Qiang, Yongge Ma, Muxin Han, and Dan Yu, "Five-dimensional Brans-Dicke theory and cosmic acceleration", Phys. Rev. D71 (2005), 061501 (Rapid Communication).
Graduate Students Surpervised:
Jinsong Yang, Male, 2009, Professor, Guizhou University
Peng Xu, Male, 2009, Professor, Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Song Li, Female, 2010, Lecturer, Capital Normal University
Li Qin , Male, 2011, Associate Professor, Zhengzhou University
Jian-Pin Wu, Male, 2012, Professor, Yangzhou University
Xiangdong Zhang, Male, 2012, Professor, South China University of Technology
Jingbo Wang, Male, 2014, Lecturer, Hebei Normal University for Nationalities
Zhenhua Zhou , Male, 2014, Lecturer, Yunnan University
Yu Han, Male, 2015, Lecturer, Xinyang Normal University
Yang Li , Male, 2017, Staff, Evergrande New Energy Vehicle
Zhang Cong , Male, 2019, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Erlangen-Nurnberg, Germany
Gaoping Long , Male, 2020, Postdoctoral Fellow, South China University of Technology
Shupeng Song , Male, 2020, Postdoctoral Fellow, Beijing University of Technology
Jianbing Shao, Male, 2004; Jinsong Yang, Male, 2006; Hua Zhang, Male, 2007; You Ding, Female, 2008; Jianfeng Ma, Male, 2008; Li Qin, Male, 2008; Xiaolu Sun, Male, 2009; Peng Ju, Male, 2010; Yufeng Yan, Male, 2010; Guo Deng, Female, 2011; Haiyun Huang, Female, 2011; Yue Cao Male, 2011; Xinquan Wu, Male, 2012; Haibiao Guo, Male, 2013; Peng Liu, Male, 2014;Guang Yang, Male, 2015;Gaoping Long, Male, 2017; Qian Chen, Male, 2018; Rongkun Su, Male, 2018; Ziming Cao, Male, 2019;Xiangjing Liu, Male, 2019;Huan Tong, Male, 2020; Xiaotian Fei , Male 2020; Zhen Li, Male, 2021; Faqiang Yuan, Male, 2021; Xingyu Cheng, 2022; Congyu Wang, 2022.
Dah-Wei Chiou (Taiwan, China), Male, 2010, National Taiwan University
Kinjal Banerjee (India), Male, 2012, Birla Institute of Technology and Science-Pilani
Michal Artymowski (Poland), Male, 2014, Ariel University
Jibril Ben Achour (France), Male, 2019, Yukawa Center for Theoretical Physics, Kyoto University
Chun-Yen Lin (Taiwan, China), Male, 2019, Soochow University
Xiao-Kan Guo (China, Mainland), Male, 2020, Bohai University
Bekir Baytas (Turkey), Male, 2021, İzmir Institute of Technology
E-mail: email@example.com Web: http://gravityen.bnu.edu.cn/ Beijing ICP 123456878-1
Address: No.19, Xinjiekouwai St, Haidian District, Beijing, 100875, P.R.China